Thursday, May 1, 2008

Long tiring day

First thing this morning, I fueled up the tractor and cub mower. I figured that the snow plowing was over, so I took off the blade and put on the tiller. Boy thats always a fun chore, the PTO shaft tends to be stubborn and not go on. Finally success, then off to the house to take the dog on her morning walk. After breakfast with the kids, it was time to work! I mowed the areas where the garden was going to be, then tilled about half the veggie area. After that, I started working on the side yard where it needed grading, preparing to seed later. Till and grade a couple of times, but my string is a tangled mess, so some new string for the year is in order. Mandi was anxious for the tiller, I told her it would be available at 9am, I think the tractor disappeared at 901. Then off to MTD to drive. Debby got all the pototoes in, I think she said about 250 ft of row went in. After getting home at 7pm, I seeded all the garden walk paths in preparation for a rain, and had Chris help me back the RV in. I'm tired, time for bed.

On the geothermal note, all the well drilling is done, boy talk about a sloppy mess, water and slop may be almost 2 ft deep in spots. Sheesh.

Tomorrow, I may get to finalize the contracts for the pool geothermal and get the unit ordered and the down payment made. It may not arrive for 4 to 6 weeks though.

No comments: