We now have had the new pet for just about a week now. She is a real nice female German Shepard from a rescue group locally, a little over a year old. Currently she is named Sweet P, but are considering other possibilities. I thought of Deracho (means devil wind). She is a nice dog, but VERY timid, (remember this point) which we are working on. I called Deb just before I started work, and all I hear is "HELLLLOOOOO. Sweet P No No oh no. The dog just got loose, have to go." Click. Ever have that feeling you were going to catch it later. Apparently, as Deb was answering the phone, the retractable leash fell out of her hand. She takes off, the leash extends, bounces up, retracts, hits her in the butt, which makes her run faster. Repeat for about 3 miles, and 30 minutes. BTW, her full speed is VERY fast. Kim and Deb takes off cross country, Chris gets the tractor. Chris doesnt fully understand the directions she was given, leaving Kim tired and cold. He got a NASTY chewing out, so they get in a verbal war. Finally, the dog gets exhausted enough that Deb is able to step on the leash, again after about 30 minutes. I call Kim on one of short breaks, and get greeted with "Dad, dont ever call Mom again". After holding the phone away from my ear contemplating if it was technically possible to crawl inside the phone and take a ride over the cell waves and come out her phone and wring her neck (I concluded no), I said "What is that all about?" Kim:"Well when mom tried to answer the phone she dropped the leash and that caused us to chase her for a half hour." Me:"OK, from now on, before I call, I will put on my psychic powers and my x-ray vision and any other really cool super powers I can think of to see if its a great time to call, and if it is I'll call." That pretty well was the end on the conversation at that point.
And that concludes another day, Heater style.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment