Sunday, January 27, 2008

We're going chasing...

the storm chasers. Friday night, all of a sudden I hear DAAAAAAAD. My first thought was great, what did Kim and Chris get into it about now. Then both of them-Dad you have got to come here now. When I got to Chris and Kims room, they had a website pulled up. It was about the 2008 National Storm Chaser Convention. In Denver Colorado. The weekend of Feb 14. Every high profile Storm Chaser in the country is going to be there--researchers, meteorologists, 2 days of tremendously packed speeches and seminars. I said I would try to get time off and go. I told Deb that I need to go to hold onto Chris's ankles and keep him from floating up into the clouds. Our plan is to leave early on the 14'th and drive straight through (15 hrs) . Friday will be a kick back day, maybe find something to do close to Denver--go see the Tom Cotter family? I would like to get a nap before the festivities start at 6 (sorry Chris and Kim) because then the fun starts. An evening social event on friday from 6-10, then get to bed. Saturday is a long day. The events start at 8am and runs all the way until 11pm. Then on Sunday, a 745 am start and running until 4pm. The last session is a 3 hour basic and advanced Skywarn training session. Theres even a person thats going to talk about digital photography methods, so that ought to be fun. Monday the long drive back home.

No comments: