Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The work continues

Its been a while since I posted about our remodeling.

Deb has been working on the great room, putting some finishing touches on painting, doinf some trim up to the parts where I need to finish the last board on some walls. It has come together nice so far.

I have been working on the kitchen. Demolition came first, the soffits were the first to go. Then the walls on the north, the west, and the south wall where cabinets were. It has been frustrating, slower progress than I wanted. The house kitchen needed to be shut down, so the RV went to the driveway to be used for dining and some cooking. The decisions to be made for the lighting and receptacle locations, and the rewiring wiring of this has been slow. The trips to town is getting old too, but they have been necessary trips. It always seems like I have missed something, so off I go. Today, I finally came up with the wiring plan,. and started wiring the overhead cans. I have the lights on the generator circuit, and possibly an outlet or 2. Its really touchy business working in the panels, but managed to survive the day. Finally about 6 I quit, tomorrow is a new day. I goofed and forgot to wear a mask when I stuck my head in the attic to run wire, now I dont feel so hot.

I've never taken on this scope of remodeling before, its getting nerve wracking.

Tim and his 2 men worked the last couple days on the pool geothermal, they got most of the duct work installed in the building. The factory goofed, so they had to send me the unit I had ordered, the one that is here has to go back. Another delay, but I want it right. I felt if I kept the one that was here, I would always regret it. I will say the company bent over over backwards to make it right, even though the factory goofed, not Dry-Air. I am pleased with their customer service.

Off to watch a movie, I'll try to post more often about the progress.

No comments: