Sunday, June 8, 2008

Great room

Big weekend on the great room. Deb and I got the ceiling primed Saturday, then painted the ceiling today. We like the off white color we picked for the ceiling. We have a decision to make when we start on the wall painting. The beam runs through the middle of the room. The beam is flat against one wall, but sits on a slight jut out on the other wall. We have been trying to decide to paint the beam off white like the ceiling or lt green like the wall. We have concluded that it needs to be light green because of the jut out on the wall. It can always be repainted if it turns out wrong. This afternoon I went up town to prepare for the floor demolition and replacement starting Monday. I picked some needed tools, the plywood and the hickory hardwood floor. I thought I would never get home. It took a long time to load, and a long time to get it strapped down properly. The load was top heavy, so a slow trip home through town was in order. After a swim with the family and supper, and with Chris and Larry's help, it all was unloaded in the garage before dark. I had planned to start in the middle and go each way, but after reading the directions, I have to start against one wall. We picked the North wall to start. I'm pretty sore tonight, and have very sore feet, just want to get some good rest and then hit it early and often tomorrow. Getting old I guess.

No comments: